Trying to rebuild the solution under VisualStudio 2010 Ultimate Beta2

Jan 9, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Hi Cheeso,

I downloaded the last sources and tried to open and build the solution with VisualStudio 2010 Ultimate Beta 2 under Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bits)
I had some issues, and has these steps to fix them:

1. I made all files not read-only
  2. I canceled the connection to TFS when opening the solution
  3. VS2010 converted the solution to the new version, telling me all files had been checked out from TFS. I hope it is not true!
  4. I had to install ILMerge
  5. I installed your utils .msi and changed the path to zipit in PacKResources.cmd to contain to "C:\Program Files\Dino Chiesa\DotNetZip Tools v1.9\zipit.exe" (this is a good example of bootstrap. I could have chosen version 1.8)

Now I only have the followin errors/warnings:

1. Warning 1 XML comment on 'Ionic.Zlib.ZlibStream.Dispose(bool)' has a paramref tag for 'leaveOpen', but there is no parameter by that name C:\Users\...\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Zlib\ZlibStream.cs 389 63 Zip Reduced
  2. Warning 2 XML comment on 'Ionic.Zlib.GZipStream.Dispose(bool)' has a paramref tag for 'leaveOpen', but there is no parameter by that name C:\Users\...\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Zlib\GZipStream.cs 618 69 Zip Reduced
  3. Error 3 Cannot find outputs of project output group '(unable to determine name)'.  Either the group, its configuration, or its project may have been removed from the solution. C:\Users\...\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\RuntimeSetup\RuntimeSetup.vdproj RuntimeSetup MSI
  4. Warning 4 Could not find prerequisite 'Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0' in path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\' C:\Users\...\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Setup\Setup.vdproj Zip Utilities MSI

VS2010 doesn't support the Compact Framework. I hope it is only for the beta version! The ZIP CF ... projects are shown as "unavailable".

Error 3 is about something in the "ApplicationFolder" of type Output. The other two items of this type are "Primary output from Zip Full DlLL (Release Anu CPU)" and "Primary output from Zip Reduced (Active)". the item in error is names "(unable to determine name)"

Warning 4 is perhaps related to the need to install the Framework SDK additionally to VS (I have only VS Express 2008 tools on this machine)

Warning 1 and 2 are about a reference to a non existent parameter (because you refer to the aloverlaods having a given parameter. are there real paramref?)

Tests don't run : All produce the following message:

• Unable to set TestContext property for the class Ionic.Zip.Tests.Streams.StreamsTests. Error: System.TypeAccessException: Attempt by security transparent method 'Ionic.Zip.Tests.Utilities.IonicTestClass.set_TestContext(Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UnitTesting.TestContext)' to access security critical type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UnitTesting.TestContext' failed.
  • Assembly 'Ionic.Zip.Tests, Version=1.9.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is marked with the AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute, and uses the level 2 security transparency model.  Level 2 transparency causes all methods in AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers assemblies to become security transparent by default, which may be the cause of this exception..
Jan 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM

The problem seems to be using the AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute on test classes. I commented the attribute in the SolutionInfo.cs file.

Now tests are running .

some produce this erropr :Failed Create_ZipOutputStream_ZeroLength_wi8933_file Zip Tests Assert.IsTrue failed. exe (C:\Program Files\winzip\wzunzip.exe) does not exist. Is it a prerequisite for testing?

This one :In Progress Zip64_Over_65534_Entries_NoEncryption_DefaultCompression_Always Zip Tests has been running for 28 minutes in a first phase, using almost no CPU and making almost no disk access.  Are you using a timer to slow the test ?

For now the only other error is : Failed Compat_ShellApplication_Unzip_NonSeekableOutput Zip Tests Class Initialization method Ionic.Zip.Tests.Compatibility.MyClassInitialize threw exception. System.Exception: System.Exception: Failed to register DotNetZip with COM rc(100) cmd(c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe "C:\Users\...\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Zip Full DLL\bin\Debug\Ionic.Zip.dll" /codebase /verbose) out(Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 2.0.50727.4927
... because the assemblies are not signed (normal)

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Hello Gilles,

Good for you, for making this effort. 

1. Some of the tests take a long time to run. So long, in fact, that I built a progress monitor tool to check progress.  Most of them consume disk or CPU as they run.  28 minutes seems like a long time with no activity.  It could be hung.
  2. WinZip is used to test compatibility.  I suppose I should insert a check for existence in those tests. 
  3. As for the regasm error - yes, the error is expected.  On the other hand I think the test should allow for that case, because the assembly IS registered successfully, even with that warning and the RC=100.   

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2010 at 5:20 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2010 at 5:22 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2010 at 5:23 PM
Jan 31, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I changed all project types to Framework 4.0 Client profile, except for tests where it is forbidden by VS2010 beta 2
Change "required version" of Framework in MSI projects dependencies to the same version

Remove System.Design from References for Zlib project (seems unavailable in client profile)

I don't know what to do about the depencies of MSI against Windows Installer
output of rebuild all (release, any CPU):

------ Rebuild All started: Project: Zlib, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
Zlib -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Zlib\bin\Release\Ionic.Zlib.dll
------ Rebuild All started: Project: Zip Reduced, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
Zip Reduced -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Zip Reduced\bin\Release\Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll
------ Rebuild All started: Project: Zlib Tests, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
Zlib Tests -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Zlib Tests\bin\Release\ZlibTest.dll
------ Rebuild All started: Project: Zip Partial DLL, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
adding selection 'name != *.zip and name != *.resx and name != *.*~' from dir '.'...
found 9 files...
adding .\CommandLineSelfExtractorStub.cs...
adding .\FolderBrowserDialogEx.cs...
adding .\PasswordDialog.cs...
adding .\PasswordDialog.Designer.cs...
adding .\WinFormsSelfExtractorStub.cs...
adding .\WinFormsSelfExtractorStub.Designer.cs...
adding .\ZipContentsDialog.cs...
adding .\ZipContentsDialog.Designer.cs...
adding .\zippedFile.ico...
saving....
Zip Partial DLL -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Zip Partial DLL\bin\Release\Ionic.Zip.Partial.dll
------ Rebuild All started: Project: Zip Full DLL, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
Zip Full DLL -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Zip Full DLL\bin\Release\Ionic.Zip.dll
------ Rebuild All started: Project: CreateZip, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
CreateZip -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Examples\C#\CreateZip\bin\Release\CreateZip.exe
------ Rebuild All started: Project: ReadZip, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
ReadZip -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Examples\C#\ReadZip\bin\Release\ReadZip.exe
------ Rebuild All started: Project: QuickUnzip, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
QuickUnzip -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Examples\VB\Quick-Unzip\bin\Release\QuickUnzip.exe
------ Rebuild All started: Project: UnZip, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
UnZip -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Tools\UnZip\bin\Release\UnZip.exe
------ Rebuild All started: Project: ZipIt, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
ZipIt -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Tools\ZipIt\bin\Release\ZipIt.exe
------ Rebuild All started: Project: ConvertZipToSfx, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
ConvertZipToSfx -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Tools\ConvertZipToSfx\bin\Release\ConvertZipToSfx.exe
------ Rebuild All started: Project: Win Forms App, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
1 fichier(s) copié(s).
Win Forms App -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Tools\WinFormsApp\bin\Release\DotNetZip-WinFormsTool.exe
------ Rebuild All started: Project: ZipDir, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
ZipDir -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Examples\C#\ZipDir\bin\Release\ZipDir.exe
------ Starting pre-build validation for project 'RuntimeSetup MSI' ------
------ Pre-build validation for project 'RuntimeSetup MSI' completed ------
------ Rebuild All started: Project: RuntimeSetup MSI, Configuration: Release ------
Building file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\RuntimeSetup\Release\DotNetZipLib-Runtime.msi'...
WARNING: Item 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)' could not find any of dependent items 'Microsoft.Windows.Installer.3.1, Microsoft.Windows.Installer.4.5'.
Packaging file 'Ionic.Zip.Partial.dll'...
Packaging file 'CreateUninstaller.js'...
Packaging file 'Ionic.Zlib.dll'...
Packaging file 'Uninstall.cmd'...
Packaging file 'License.rtf'...
Packaging file 'Ionic.Zip.dll'...
Packaging file 'Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll'...
Starting post-build events...
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. Tous droits r‚serv‚s.
FixupMsi.js C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\RuntimeSetup\Release\DotNetZipLib-Runtime.msi
Updating the Text on the wizard...
done.
Post-build events finished
------ Rebuild All started: Project: Zip Tests, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
Zip Tests -> C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Zip Tests\bin\Release\Ionic.Zip.Tests.dll
------ Starting pre-build validation for project 'Zip Utilities MSI' ------
------ Pre-build validation for project 'Zip Utilities MSI' completed ------
------ Rebuild All started: Project: Zip Utilities MSI, Configuration: Release ------
Building file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Setup\Release\DotNetZipUtils.msi'...
WARNING: Item 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)' could not find any of dependent items 'Microsoft.Windows.Installer.3.1, Microsoft.Windows.Installer.4.5'.
Packaging file 'ResetZipAssociation.js'...
Packaging file 'DotNetZip-WinFormsTool.exe.config'...
Packaging file 'UnZip.exe'...
Packaging file 'Ionic.Zip.dll'...
Packaging file 'Uninstall.cmd'...
Packaging file 'ZipIt.exe.config'...
Packaging file 'License.rtf'...
Packaging file 'ZipIt.exe'...
Packaging file 'StoreExistingZipAssociation.js'...
Packaging file 'UnZip.exe.config'...
Packaging file 'ConvertZipToSfx.exe.config'...
Packaging file 'DotNetZip-WinFormsTool.exe'...
Packaging file 'ConvertZipToSfx.exe'...
Packaging file 'CreateUninstaller.js'...
Starting post-build events...
ModifyMsiToAllowRegistryRestore.js C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Setup\Release\DotNetZipUtils.msi
Updating sequence numbers for the Store script...
Finding the Reset script...
Inserting new records in the InstallExecuteSequence table...
Cloning records in the CustomAction table...
Updating the BannerText on the wizard...
done.
ModifyMsiToEnableLaunchApplication.js C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip\Setup\Release\DotNetZipUtils.msi
Updating the Control table...
Updating the ControlEvent table...
Updating the CustomAction table...
Post-build events finished
========== Rebuild All: 16 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I Installed the msi on the same computer (Fx 4 beta 2 runtime already installed) and it seems to work

Feb 11, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I am currently installing VS2010 Ultimate RC.
I downloaded the sources for release 1.9.5.1

I will try to rebuild the solution. The only difference with the previous attempt is that IlMerge is now installed (where?)

I will then try to run all the tests

The second step will still be to change the projects target to Net 4.0 Client Profile

I noted that about LiMerge:

Using ILMerge with v4.0

ILMerge should work just fine with newer versions of .NET. Just use the option: /targetplatform:v4,<path to your v4 framework directory>. For version 3.5, you probably don't need to set the target platform, but you may need to add the v3.5 framework directory as a /lib option so that assemblies from there can be found. (Unless they're in the GAC in which case they'll be found anyway.)

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:10 PM

result of project conversion (to VisualStudio 2010)

Conversion Report - DotNetZip

Time of Conversion: jeudi 11 février 2010 22:06

Solution: DotNetZip

Filename Status Errors Warnings
expand/collapse section DotNetZip.sln Converted 0 0
Conversion Report - DotNetZip.sln:
Solution converted successfully
expand/collapse section DotNetZip1.vsmdi   2 0
Conversion Report - DotNetZip1.vsmdi:
Unable to convert files because files are read-only.
Unable to convert files because files are read-only.
2 files Converted: 1
Not converted: 1
2 0

Project: CF-Unzipper

expand/collapse section Examples\CompactFramework\CF-Unzipper\CF-Unzipper.csproj Converted 1 0
Conversion Report - Examples\CompactFramework\CF-Unzipper\CF-Unzipper.csproj:
Project converted successfully
The project file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Examples\CompactFramework\CF-Unzipper\CF-Unzipper.csproj' cannot be opened. The project type is not supported by this installation.
1 file Converted: 1
Not converted: 0
1 0

Project: ConvertZipToSfx

expand/collapse section Tools\ConvertZipToSfx\ConvertZipToSfx.csproj Converted 0 1
Conversion Report - Tools\ConvertZipToSfx\ConvertZipToSfx.csproj:
Scan complete: Upgrade not required for project files.
Your project is targeting .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0. If your project uses assemblies requiring a newer .NET Framework, your project will fail to build. You can change the .NET Framework version by clicking Properties on the project menu and then selecting a new version in the '.NET Framework' dropdown box. (In Visual Basic, this is located on the Compile tab by clicking the 'Advanced Compiler Options...' button.)
0 1

Project: CreateZip

expand/collapse section Examples\C#\CreateZip\CreateZip.csproj Converted 0 1
Conversion Report - Examples\C#\CreateZip\CreateZip.csproj:
Your project is targeting .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0. If your project uses assemblies requiring a newer .NET Framework, your project will fail to build. You can change the .NET Framework version by clicking Properties on the project menu and then selecting a new version in the '.NET Framework' dropdown box. (In Visual Basic, this is located on the Compile tab by clicking the 'Advanced Compiler Options...' button.)
0 1

Project: QuickUnzip

expand/collapse section Examples\VB\Quick-Unzip\QuickUnzip.vbproj Converted 0 0
Conversion Report - Examples\VB\Quick-Unzip\QuickUnzip.vbproj:
0 0

Project: ReadZip

expand/collapse section Examples\C#\ReadZip\ReadZip.csproj Converted 0 1
Conversion Report - Examples\C#\ReadZip\ReadZip.csproj:
0 1

Project: UnZip

expand/collapse section Tools\UnZip\UnZip.csproj Converted 0 1
Conversion Report - Tools\UnZip\UnZip.csproj:
0 1

Project: Win Forms App

expand/collapse section Tools\WinFormsApp\Win Forms App.csproj Converted 0 0
Conversion Report - Tools\WinFormsApp\Win Forms App.csproj:
0 0

Project: WinForms-TreeViewZip

expand/collapse section Examples\VB\WinForms-TreeViewZip\WinForms-TreeViewZip\WinForms-TreeViewZip.vbproj Converted 0 0
Conversion Report - Examples\VB\WinForms-TreeViewZip\WinForms-TreeViewZip\WinForms-TreeViewZip.vbproj:
0 0

Project: Zip CF Full DLL

expand/collapse section Zip CF Full DLL\Zip CF Full DLL.csproj Converted 1 0
Conversion Report - Zip CF Full DLL\Zip CF Full DLL.csproj:
The project file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip CF Full DLL\Zip CF Full DLL.csproj' cannot be opened. The project type is not supported by this installation.
1 0

Project: Zip CF Partial DLL

expand/collapse section Zip CF Partial DLL\Zip CF Partial DLL.csproj Converted 1 0
Conversion Report - Zip CF Partial DLL\Zip CF Partial DLL.csproj:
The project file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip CF Partial DLL\Zip CF Partial DLL.csproj' cannot be opened. The project type is not supported by this installation.
1 0

Project: Zip Full DLL

expand/collapse section Zip Full DLL\Zip Full DLL.csproj Converted 0 1
Conversion Report - Zip Full DLL\Zip Full DLL.csproj:
0 1

Project: Zip Partial DLL

expand/collapse section Zip Partial DLL\Zip Partial DLL.csproj Converted 0 1
Conversion Report - Zip Partial DLL\Zip Partial DLL.csproj:
Created rule set file "C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip Partial DLL\Migrated rules for Zip Partial DLL.ruleset" for the "Debug (Any CPU)" configuration.
0 1

Project: Zip Reduced

expand/collapse section Zip Reduced\Zip Reduced.csproj Converted 0 1
Conversion Report - Zip Reduced\Zip Reduced.csproj:
0 1

Project: Zip Tests

expand/collapse section Zip Tests\Zip Tests.csproj Converted 0 0
Conversion Report - Zip Tests\Zip Tests.csproj:
0 0

Project: ZipDir

expand/collapse section Examples\C#\ZipDir\ZipDir.csproj Converted 0 1
Conversion Report - Examples\C#\ZipDir\ZipDir.csproj:
0 1

Project: ZipIt

expand/collapse section Tools\ZipIt\ZipIt.csproj Converted 0 1
Conversion Report - Tools\ZipIt\ZipIt.csproj:
0 1

Project: ZipTreeView

expand/collapse section Examples\C#\ZipTreeView\ZipTreeView.csproj Converted 0 0
Conversion Report - Examples\C#\ZipTreeView\ZipTreeView.csproj:
0 0

Project: Zlib

expand/collapse section Zlib\Zlib.csproj Converted 0 1
Conversion Report - Zlib\Zlib.csproj:
0 1

Project: Zlib CF DLL

expand/collapse section Zlib CF\Zlib CF DLL.csproj Converted 1 0
Conversion Report - Zlib CF\Zlib CF DLL.csproj:
The project file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zlib CF\Zlib CF DLL.csproj' cannot be opened. The project type is not supported by this installation.
1 0

Project: Zlib Tests

expand/collapse section Zlib Tests\Zlib Tests.csproj Converted 0 0
Conversion Report - Zlib Tests\Zlib Tests.csproj:
0 0

Conversion Settings
Solution File: C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\DotNetZip.sln
Feb 11, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Result of first"rebuild all":

Error 1 Error reading resource file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip Partial DLL\Resources\ZippedResources.zip' -- 'Le fichier spécifié est introuvable. ' Zip Partial DLL
Error 2 Metadata file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip Full DLL\bin\Debug\Ionic.Zip.dll' could not be found UnZip
Error 3 Metadata file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip Full DLL\bin\Debug\Ionic.Zip.dll' could not be found ConvertZipToSfx
Error 4 Metadata file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip Full DLL\bin\Debug\Ionic.Zip.dll' could not be found ZipDir
Error 5 Metadata file 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip Full DLL\bin\Debug\Ionic.Zip.dll' could not be found CreateZip
Error 6 The referenced assembly "C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip Full DLL\bin\Debug\Ionic.Zip.dll" was not found. If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one. QuickUnzip
Warning 7 Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Ionic.Zip' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Examples\VB\Quick-Unzip\Qunzip.vb 31 9 QuickUnzip
Error 8 Type 'ZipFile' is not defined. C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Examples\VB\Quick-Unzip\Qunzip.vb 149 30 QuickUnzip
Error 9 Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip Full DLL\bin\Debug\Ionic.Zip.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Zip Full DLL\bin\Debug\Ionic.Zip.dll' ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.". C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Tools\WinFormsApp\ResGen Win Forms App
Warning 10 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Ionic.Zip". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. WinForms-TreeViewZip
Warning 11 The referenced component 'Ionic.Zip' could not be found.  
Warning 12 Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Ionic.Zip' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Examples\VB\WinForms-TreeViewZip\WinForms-TreeViewZip\Form1.vb 1 9 WinForms-TreeViewZip
Error 13 Type 'Ionic.Zip.ZipFile' is not defined. C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Examples\VB\WinForms-TreeViewZip\WinForms-TreeViewZip\Form1.vb 16 20 WinForms-TreeViewZip
Error 14 'ZipFile' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Examples\VB\WinForms-TreeViewZip\WinForms-TreeViewZip\Form1.vb 23 19 WinForms-TreeViewZip
Error 15 Type 'ZipEntry' is not defined. C:\Users\chasin\Documents\Visual Studio 10\Projects\DotNetZip-src-v1.9.5.1\Examples\VB\WinForms-TreeViewZip\WinForms-TreeViewZip\Form1.vb 26 27 WinForms-TreeViewZip

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Hello Gilles,

The DotNetZip source can be built in VS2008.   When you try to build it in VS2010, you are in uncharted waters.   I can wish you good luck, but I cannot really help you.

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I know, and this version don't support the Compact Framework, which I find surprising.