Two trivial compilation errors

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:42 PM

To help debugging I decided to download and compile the sources. I downloaded v1.8.4.24 and attempted to build the solution in Visual Studio 2008. After getting IlMerge and Windows Mobile 6 Snandard, I still had two minor errors I had to fix myself. I only mention then so you can save others the grief:

1) In "Win Forms Zip Example.csproj", there is a reference to:

<Win32Resource>C:\dinoch\dev\dotnet\zip\DotNetZip\Examples\WinFormsApp\Icon2.res</Win32Resource>

which I had to reduce to:

<Win32Resource>Icon2.res</Win32Resource>

2) In "Zip CF Full DLL.csproj", there is a post-build event:

<PostBuildEvent>"\Program Files\Microsoft\ILMerge\ILMerge.exe"  /targetplatform:v2,"C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0 Debugger\BCL"      /t:library  /xmldocs /out:Ionic.Zip.CF.dll   Ionic.Zip.CF.Partial.dll  Ionic.Zlib.CF.dll</PostBuildEvent>

I reserve my C: drive for the system and have everything else on D:, so the $SolutionDir is on D: The above command was looking for D:\Program Files\... I fixed it by putting in C: explicitly, but you should probably use something like %ProgramFiles%.

Hope this is helpful.

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Thanks, very helpful.

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2009 at 3:19 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.