can't reference ionic.zip.dll

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Hi, hope someone can help me, I think I miss something... I've downloaded the last version of the dll and I tried to reference it in my AJAX Enabled WebSite in Visual Studio 2005. It has been added to the bin folder, but in the references panel I can't find any reference to Ionic.Zip. Also in the code of the pages if I write Imports Ionic.Zip it it says:

Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Ionic.Zip' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Also I don't have any "<add assembly" or anything else about Ionic.Zip in the web.config.

thanks for help...

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Did you add Ionic.Zip.dll as a reference?

Oct 9, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Yes' I did it. The dll is in the bin directory, but not in the references panel. I never saw this behaviour. It seems Visual Studio 2005 can't recognize the dll, and so upload it in the bin folder but not as a reference...  I was thinking it could be due to that this is a Ajax Enabled Website and not a simple Website, because in the web.config I don't see anything regarding the dll... but it's not, i tried. I tried also with other dll I had on my hdd and always they are in the bin directory and also in the references panel, and they work as usual. Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english...

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2009 at 3:03 AM

delete it, and then add it again, as a reference.