Is there a way to open a sfx file created by dotnetzip and get the PostExtractCommandLine

May 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I've been going thru the reference document and haven't seen a way to open a .sfx in such a way that I can get the SelfExtractorSaveOptions object.

It would be a very helpful feature... if there's a way (maybe I'm missing it in the documentation) I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance,

David

Coordinator
May 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM

What are you *really* trying to do?

Can you describe the scenario?

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I'm sorry for the late reply.

We <had> a requirement to start evaluating our self-extracting zips using the same logic that we use for the regular zip files that we make.  In our zip files we add a manifest file that specifies the post-extract command that needs to be run.  In our self-extracting zips we exclude the manifest so we don't have it to use to get the post-extract command. 

I was looking for a way to get the information from the self-extracting archive itself. 

So to summarize the scenario that we had at the time.  It was to:

1.  Load a self-extracting zip from a program we create

2.  Get the details that were used to build the zip.  Most importantly get the post-extract command.

3.  Run the post-extract command from another program

Thanks for your reply,

David

PS.  We use your API alot and appreciate the good work.  Keep at it and we look forward to future versions.