Microsoft Authenticode-signed version of Ionic.Zip.dll

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:44 AM

The Windows 7 Software Logo program requires that all redistributable DLLs be signed with an Authenticode certificate (and not the strong-name signed with an own private key).
1. Is there an Authenticode-signed version of Ionic.Zip.dll for v1.9.1.8 available ?

2. If not, is there a place I can send a request for a signed version, and get confirmation, in order to get a waiver ?

Thanks and regards
Keith Murphy
Technolunic Data Management AG

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:41 AM

To answer your first question: No - there is no authenticode-signed version of DotNetZip. 

I don't understand the second question.

If you are asking me to authenticode-sign DotNetZip, I think that acquiring an Authenticode cert involves some jumping-through-hoops and involves a financial commitment, I am not certain of the requirements.  I'm not prepared to do that at this time.  If you'd like to help out with that, let me know.  If you are asking for something else, then please clarify. 

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Thanks alot for the reply.  Actually, I your reply qualifies as the answer to question 2 as well.  I am using Ionic.dll in our product, which we will sell.  We are going to apply for the Windows Client Software Logo Program, which requires that all DLLs and EXEs be signed by their creator.

The possibility exists to ask for a waiver for one or more DLLs or EXEs;  however, the waiver requires that I ask if there is a signed version available and document the reply.

So you have answered both questions - thanks !

DotNetZip works great, by the way.  Perfectly done !

Best regards

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Glad to hear it Keith, good luck with the product.