Getting "Access to the path is denied" error while doing save

Sep 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Hi,

I have created a webservice that saves images in zip file. But i am getting this error while saving it

Exception while saving Access to the path '\\193.11.33.66\Woodland Media\Test_folder_Cover_scan\DotNetZip-whmpohcd.tmp' is denied.

I have given all permission to my test folder.

Please advise

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Filesystem security issues are notoriously difficult to sort out. If I were you, I would try saving it on a local drove, then aapped drive, before using a unc path. If you still cannot figure it out, try fileexp the free diagnostic tool from Microsoft. It will show you a trace of file io operations and their results, and you can then pinpoint the source of the problem. Good luck.
Sep 2, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Cheeso, I did a search for the "fileexp" free diagnostic tool from Microsoft but was unable to find any reference for it.  This utility would have come in handy in the past.  Did you by chance misspell the name of the utility.  Or if not could you provide a good download site for it.

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 11:32 PM

My mistake - the tool I was thinking of used to be available as "file monitor". It is now "process monitor", part of the free sysinternals suite from Microsoft.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Cheeso,

Thanks for the update.  ProcMan is a great tool providing you can figure out how to use it.

Randy Leonard

Senior Developer / Analyst

Randy.leonard@fbol.com

First Bank, MO

(314) 592-8332

Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 5:33 PM
To: Randy Leonard
Subject: Re: Getting "Access to the path is denied" error while doing save [DotNetZip:225628]

My mistake - the tool I was thinking of used to be available as "file monitor". It is now "process monitor", part of the free sysinternals suite from Microsoft.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotNetZip@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotNetZip@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

************************ N O T I C E ************************
First Bank will never send an e-mail asking you to provide, verify, update or confirm
any personal, account or financial information.

The information contained in this e-mail, and in any accompanying documents, may
constitute confidential and/or legally privileged information. The information is
intended only for use by the designated recipient. If you are not the intended recipient
(or responsible for the delivery of the message to the intended recipient), you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail communication in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the message from your system. All e-mail sent to and from this address
will be received or otherwise recorded by the First Banks corporate e-mail system
and is subject to archival, monitoring or review by, and/or disclosure to, someone other
than the recipient.