This release is outdated.
See the releases box on the right for the latest.
- strong naming of the binary
- fixed help file.
- use forward slashes in the zips for compatibility with Java+Linux
- Support for comments in the zipfile (on the archive itself and on each entry)
- better support for use within ASPNET (TempFileFolder public property on ZipFile)
- support for reading Zips from streams, writing Zips to streams
- supporting the zipping and unzipping of zero length files and empty directories
- support overwrite of existing files on extraction
This release has these options:
- DotNetzip-src-v1.3.zip - the source code for the Zip Library, the setup (msi) project, and a bunch of examples that use the library. Download this if you want to play with the library, and perhaps modify and embed it into your own application.
- DotNetZipLib-v1.3.zip - a binary release of the signed Zip Library (DLL). This zip does not include documentation in .chm format. Download this if you want to write .NET applications that use the Zip library. Also consider downloading the documentation, separately.
- ZipUtils-v1.3.zip - a couple of exe utils that utilize the library. Download this if you want a command-line tool that creates zip files, and another tool that unpacks zip files. The requisite ZipLib library is included in this zip.
- ZipLib.msi - an installer for Windows for the Zip utilities. This MSI also includes the required Zip library.
- DotNetZipLib-v1.3.chm - the compiled help file for the Zip library. Download this if you want to check out the reference documentation on the Zip library.