This is the latest stable release of DotNetZip.
Status: The binaries here are final
. All of the bugs listed here are new fixes in these binaries, since v188.8.131.52.
This release has these downloads:
- DotNetZipLib-DevKit-v1.9.zip - This is probably what you want. This is a binary release, that includes of the signed DLLs for Zip and Zlib, for desktop and Compact Framework; the XML Documentation file for intellisense; the help files (CHM & Helpviewer); and the Licenses. Download this if you want to build .NET, COM, or PowerShell apps that use the Zip library.
- DotNetzip-src-v1.9.x.x.zip - the source code for the Zip & Zlib Libraries, the setup (msi) project, the test code, and a bunch of examples. Download this if you want to peruse or modify the source, or extend the example utilities.
- DotNetZipLib-Runtime-v1.9.zip - a binary release, that includes the signed DLLs, and the Licenses. Download this if you want to distribute .NET applications that use the Zip library, on the desktop or on the Compact Framework, or if you want to run a .NET application that depends on this library.
- DotNetZipLib-Silverlight-v1.9.zip - a binary release, that includes the the Silverlight version of the signed DLLs, and the Licenses.
- DotNetZipUtils-v1.9.zip - a set of exe tools (command-line and GUI) that rely on the library, to create and manage zip files. Download this if you want finished user-level tools to manipulate zip files. (A replacement for WinZip)
- DotNetZipUtils-v1.9.msi - an installer for Windows for the Zip utilities that utilize the library. This is the same stuff as the DotNetZipUtils-v1.9.zip, but in MSI form. It optionally sets up file associations, guides you through the install.
- DotNetZip-Runtime-v1.9.msi - an installer for the runtime.
- DotNetZip-Documentation-v1.9.zip - the Documentation. There's a CHM file as well as a HelpViewer 1.0 format. They contain the same information, just in different formats.
- the quality/reliability of the code is much higher than for v184.108.40.206 - many bug fixes.
- New bzip2.exe tool, and a gzip.exe tool.
- Silverlight DLLs for ZIP, ZLIB or BZIP2 are included
- more than 60 new tests
- The version numbers for these preliminary DLLs is currently v220.127.116.11
The minimum requirement for the binaries is (as in prior releases of DotNetZip) .NET 2.0 or later. To build the source you need VS2010 and .NET 4.0.
Bugs fixed in this release:work item 10735work item 11131work item 11772work item 11699work item 9214work item 10447work item 12403work item 12815work item 11988work item 10355work item 12242work item 12554work item 13886work item 10499work item 13350work item 13446work item 13475work item 13710work item 10459work item 10562work item 10682work item 10639work item 10923work item 10694work item 12260work item 12541work item 13187work item 13692work item 11418work item 12744work item 13475work item 10681work item 12964work item 10392work item 13479work item 13609work item 12964work item 11056work item 11999work item 12486work item 12634work item 10339work item 11899work item 13542work item 10015work item 11969work item 10489work item 10387work item 12727work item 11003work item 12056work item 12521work item 10143work item 12241work item 12448work item 11065work item 11818work item 13903work item 13908work item 13909work item 13436work item 13892work item 13915
New features in the binary for this release (as compared to v18.104.22.168; all these features are minor):work item 7771work item 13979work item 13664work item 12374work item 12608work item 13371work item 13634work item 14035
new source features:work item 12804work item 8968work item 13691work item 13674