This is the latest stable version of DotNetZip, v188.8.131.52.
DotNetZip is free, but donations are welcomed. Your gift goes to charity. http://cheeso.members.winisp.net/DotNetZipDonate.aspx
New features in v1.8 (workitem noted where applicable):
There are some breaking changes from v1.7:
- CompressionLevel enumerations have changed to be FxCop-compliant. Eg, BEST_COMPRESSION has been replaced by BestCompression, LEVEL3 has been replace by Level3, and so on. Also, the CompressionStrategy enumeration also has similar changes.
Other notable changes:
- The use of temporary files has changed: Now, the library creates a temp file in the same directory as the final zip file. Previously the library used the user's temp directory. Apps can still override this with the ZipFile.TempFileFolder property.
This release has these downloads:
- DotNetzip-src-v1.8.x.x.zip - the source code for the Zip & Zlib Libraries, the setup (msi) project, and a bunch of examples. Download this if you want to peruse or modify the source, or extend the example utilities.
- DotNetZipLib-DevKit-v1.8.zip - a binary release, that includes of the signed DLLs for Zip and Zlib, for desktop and Compact Framework; the XML Documentation file for intellisense; the compiled help file (CHM); and the License. Download this if you want to build .NET, COM, or PowerShell apps that use the Zip library.
- DotNetZipLib-Runtime-v1.8.zip - a binary release, that includes of the signed DLLs, and the License. Download this if you want to distribute .NET applications that use the Zip library, or if you want to run a .NET application that depends on this library.
- DotNetZipLib-Runtime-v1.8.msi - a binary release, that includes of the signed DLLs, and the License, packaged in an MSI installer. It registers the DLL for COM use. Download this if you want to install DotNetZip on a computer that will run apps that depend on the library.
- DotNetZipUtils-v1.8.zip - a set of exe tools (command-line and GUI) that rely on the library, to create and manage zip files. Download this if you want tools to manipulate zip files.
- DotNetZipUtils-v1.8.msi - an installer for Windows for the Zip utilities that utilize the library. This is the same stuff as the DotNetZipUtils-v1.8.zip, but in MSI form.
- DotNetZipLib-v1.8.chm - the help file. _see the FAQ item on the home page for how to enable this file for reading.