This is DotNetZip v188.8.131.52. Updated 12 June 2009.
For the current release, see http://dotnetzip.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx
v1.7 is a major release. These are the new features (workitem noted where applicable):
- 6630: don't rely on System.IO.Compression. Now DotNetZip bundles a managed zlib of its own. CompressionLevel is supported.
- 6513: Update to the Unicode support. Also, the command-line utilities zipit and unzip now support codepages.
- 6200: Granular progress events for Save, Extract, Read. Also the WinForms example and the WinForms self-extractor use these progress events.
- 6437: ZIP64 support
- Now DotNetZip is available for the .NET Compact Framework.
- 6834: WinZip AES encryption (not supported on NETCF)
- 6601: WantCompression callback, for control over whether to compress an entry. Also, many doc updates for this behavior.
- 6550: now easy to specify Encoding in the ZipFile ctor.
- 5589: now possible to rename a ZipEntry.
- 6612: now reads central directory structure for huge speed improvements on large zip files.
- Reduced library for those who don't want SFX support.
- Now can Read WinZip-generated SFX archives
- 7704: cannot remove zip file in .NET CF
- 7696: cannot use Passwords in ASP.NET.
- 6591: file-in-use after Extract() fails (eg, "There is not enough space...")
- 6513: UTF8 was being used even when unnecessary. ProvisionalAlternateEncoding property, and UseUnicodeAsNecessary. Lots of doc updates related to this behavior.
- 6637: BadCrcException in multi-thread extract.
- Read-twice heuristic was not working properly.
This release has these downloads:
- DotNetzip-src-v1.7.x.x.zip - the source code for the Zip & Zlib Libraries, the setup (msi) project, and a bunch of examples. Download this if you want to modify the source, or extend the example utilities.
- DotNetZipLib-DevKit-v1.7.zip - a binary release, that includes of the signed DLLs for Zip and Zlib, for desktop and Compact Framework; the XML Documentation file for intellisense; the compiled help file (CHM); and the License. Download this if you want to build .NET applications or PowerShell scripts that use the Zip library.
- DotNetZipLib-Runtime-v1.7.zip - a binary release, that includes of the signed DLLs, and the License. Download this if you want to distribute .NET applications that use the Zip library, or if you want to run a .NET application that depends on this library.
- DotNetZipUtils-v1.7.msi - an installer for Windows for the Zip utilities that utilize the library. This is the same stuff as the DotNetZipUtils-v1.7.zip, but in MSI form.
- DotNetZipUtils-v1.7.zip - a set of exe tools (command-line and GUI) that rely on the library, that can create and manage zip files. Download this if you want command-line and gui tools to manipulate zip files.
- DotNetZipLib-v1.7.chm - the help file. see the FAQ item on the home page for how to enable this file for reading.
R9 allows use of passwords in ASP.NET. backport of the fix for 7696.
R7 corrects a problem with updating ZIP64 files. This is a backport of 7216.
R6 corrects a problem with the opening of locked files while Saving. This is a backport of work item 7145.
R5 was broken. (v184.108.40.206).
R4 corrects a problem with a timestamp of 0 (workitem 7170).
R3 corrects a problem with ExtractProgressEventArgs where negative values could occur. R3 also adds some Zip64-relevant properties to ZipFile and ZipEntry, along with improved doc on ZIP64 operation. Breaking changes:
- namespace change: from Ionic.Utils.Zip to Ionic.Zip .
- the eventing model has been redesigned.
- with the zip64 support, the CompressedSize and UncompressedSize properties on the ZipEntry class become Int64, instead of Int32.
- the TrimVolumeFromFullyQualifiedPaths property has been removed.
- all the ZipFile ctors that take Streams were removed. If you want to save to a stream, call Save(Stream).