This release is outdated.
See the releases box on the right for the latest. v1.4 is officially released. It is based on the sourcecode from changest 19075.
Major items for this release:
- password support for PKZip encryption of entries
- stream support (AddFileStream())
- improved memory utilization (internal use of streams)
- better exceptions for common problems like bad passwords, file not found, etc.
- updated command-line tools (Zipit.exe and Unzip.exe) for better error handling, cmd-line parsing, and support for passwords.
- flag to specify that No Compression should be used when adding an entry to the zip (intelligent handling of previously-compressed data like .jpg or mp3)
- updated helpfile
- various bug fixes
- unit tests
This release has these downloads:
- DotNetzip-src-v1.4.zip - the source code for the Zip Library, the setup (msi) project, and a bunch of examples that use the library. Download this if you want to play with the library, and perhaps modify and embed it into your own application.
- DotNetZipLib-v1.4.zip - a binary release of the signed Zip Library (DLL). This zip does not include documentation in .chm format. Download this if you want to write .NET applications that use the Zip library. Also consider downloading the documentation, separately.
- ZipUtils-v1.4.zip - a couple of exe utils that utilize the library. Download this if you want a command-line tool that creates zip files, and another tool that unpacks zip files. The requisite ZipLib library is included in this zip.
- ZipLib-v1.4.msi - an installer for Windows for the Zip utilities. This MSI also includes the required Zip library.
- DotNetZipLib-v1.4.chm - the compiled help file for the Zip library. Download this if you want to check out the reference documentation on the Zip library.