Set a timeout

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:58 AM

Is there a way to set a particular timeout on the save event?  I don't want it quitting early and some directories I am zipping are quite large.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2009 at 6:43 AM

Right now there's no way to set a timeout. The save stops when it's finished.  It never "quits early."  You don't have to do anything to prevent it from "quitting early."   

You can cancel a save that is in process, by setting the Cancel property on the EventArgs from within the SaveProgress event. 

You could do this based on user input, or, a timer, if you like.   But if you really don't want it to stop, then you wouldn't need to do this.

I'm just a little confused by your question ebcause you asked if there was a way to set a timeout, and then you said you didn't want the save to stop.  Those two things seem like direct opposites. Why would you set a timeout when you want it to keep going?

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I am zipping very huge MDF and LDF file which are together 17GB in size.

In some of the client machines it is taking too long time to ZIP and timer we have set is 100 min and its is completing within this time.

I have set Compression level to best speed.

Any idea how to increase the time / calculate the time required before starting the zipping.

Please suggest best way to zip these large files