Creating zip hangs and only DotNetZip-xxxxxxxx.tmp is created.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:03 AM
I created a very basic project that has a string path for each the source directory and destination zip file path. Single files seem to work okay but multi file attempts stop during the creation of the zip file and I am left only with a DotNetZip-xxxxxxxx.tmp. I have tested this on every .Net 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 all with the same results. Any suggestions?
Jan 23, 2014 at 9:47 PM
I am experiencing the same issue. Any suggestions?
Jan 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2014 at 12:00 AM
same issue
Feb 4, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM
I'm experiencing the same thing. I've used DotNetZip for several years to build very specific zips containing our software. We run this on average twice a week, and I have never had a problem before.
Now I am getting the zip process hanging after ZipProgressEventType.Saving_BeforeWriteEntry but before ZipProgressEventType.Saving_AfterWriteEntry. This happens on one of four specific files - two DLLs, or their associated PDBs.

Could Windows Search be responsible? Is it possible that my process (build on server -> copy to local -> create zip) is running differently as a result of some windows update? I have tried this on several machines, all with the same result.
Feb 10, 2014 at 7:11 AM
Which version you are using sir @DaveWhiteNet,

my discussion link
https://dotnetzip.codeplex.com/discussions/531094

I am facing probrem with password protection and encryption

Hi,
When I use the below code zip file is created but when I unzip it from F drive in unzipped without asking password and also without any encryption.
I restore that database and I was successful in restoring it.

I added dotnetzip library from nuget after installing it names as Ionic.Zip and its version is 1.9.2.0 and Runtime version is v2.0.50727

My project is empty asp.net application in VS 2013 and my operating system is windows 8

What I am doing wrong.

Used code from this URL http://dotnetzip.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=CS-Examples
Create a Zip archive that uses WinZip-compatible AES encryption.

My code is this
using Ionic.Zip;
using Ionic;

using (ZipFile zip = new ZipFile())
        {
            zip.CompressionLevel = Ionic.Zlib.CompressionLevel.BestCompression;
            zip.AddFile(@"F:\\TestDotnetzip.bak"); 
            zip.Password = "123456";
            zip.Encryption = EncryptionAlgorithm.WinZipAes256;
            zip.Save(@"F:\\TestDotnetzip.zip");
        }
May 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM
There’s a bug in the EmitPendingBuffers method of ParallelDeflateOutputStream.cs. In some cases the file is written before all threads have finished doing deflate on local buffers.

Solution:
Replace “while (doAll && (_lastWritten != _latestCompressed))” with “while (doAll && (_lastWritten != _lastFilled))», and then it work’s fine.