exception: {0}Ionic.Zip.ZipException:

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Hello,

I am working on a web app that will allow a visitor to upload a zip file that contains several CSVs. When the file is uploaded the app will look for a CSV named Tier2Facilities.mer in the zip. If Tier2Facilities.mer is found it will extract it and load the data into a GridView to allow the visitor to view and modify some of the fields.

Yesterday evening, I got the app working and I was able to view several test files. After I did 3 or 4 tests, I started to get the following error:

exception: {0}Ionic.Zip.ZipException: The file .\Tier2Facilities.mer already exists. at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.CheckExtractExistingFile(String baseDir, String targetFileName) at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(String baseDir, Stream outstream, String password) at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.Extract() at Default3.MxW_UnzipUL(String strTheZipFilePath) in C:\Users\mwade\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\WebSites\Tier2_Submittal_net40\Tier2E_Upload.aspx.vb:line 39

I did some Google searching for similar issues and I found one answer which indicated that the error is caused because a temporary file did not get deleted. I searched my hard drive and found the following temp file which I deleted:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\DevServer\10.0\Tier2Facilities.mer

My fix was unsuccessful, I still get the error, any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
MxW