Cannot read that as a ZipFile

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I have been trying to find my exact error with many, many searches on Google - almost all of which usually lead me here. I have a C# program in which we are using v1.9.1.8 and calling it with "using Ionic.Zip". Our systems backup every night by zipping up certain files and keeping the zip file on our PC, which are clients and also FTPs the zip files over to the Primary Server to which those clients are connected. This C# program is a Restore program - it finds the available backup files both on the Client where the Restore is running and also looks for the Backup on the Primary Server. We will almost ALWAYS want to Restore with the zip file on the Primary Server because our Restore is usually only run when a Client PC fails and we have to get the information from the backup onto the new PC.

Here is the error I am sometimes - but not always - getting when selecting the zip file from the Primary Server -

Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile ---> Ionic.Zip.BadReadException: Bad signature (0x1ED19BC7) at position 0x002248E8
at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadDirEntry(ZipFile zf, Dictionary`2 previouslySeen)

Interestingly, I ran a Manual Backup after getting that error, so that it would create brand new files on the Client and the Primary Server. Tried my Restore with the new Backup zip file and got the same error. But if I ran the Restore using the file located on the Client, it went through without any errors. The zip files should be IDENTICAL. So why does the remote zip file fail at this error?

I have run this Restore program on several computers and on some it works just fine, but a few are getting this error instead.