Could not load file or assembly 'Ionic.Zip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Hi,

We are Ionic.Zip.dll in our 3.5 framework project.

We are using this dll to unzip a file but getting below error when we schedule our application which is using Ionic.Zip.dll. However it woks fine when we mannualy run the application:

Could not load file or assembly 'Ionic.Zip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Aug 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I am getting the EXACT same error. I am taking a script that I wrote in C# several years ago and adding a couple changes. When I tried to compile it, I got the message:

The referenced component 'Ionic.Zip' could not be found.

With a little research, I found that because I'd gotten a new PC here at work, I needed to put the Reference Path back in. Did so and the script compiled without any errors. Transferred the newly edited script to a test PC and got the exact same error above that you got.

However, I notice no one's given you an answer. Were you ever able to resolve this yourself?
Aug 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I discovered my own solution - since this script was originally assembled on an XP box and someone else had recompiled the program for Windows 7, he was the one who added Ionic.Zip. It was added to our Windows 7 PCs, but is not in my original version that I wrote for our XP PCs. Therefore, I simply had to copy Ionic.Zip.Dll into the correct folder on my XP box and the error is gone!