UnZip doesn't work

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:40 PM
I don't know if this is a dot net library issue or not but I'm desperate.  I have an application which works fine on my dev box but when i try to access it remotely the whole app works but the unzip portion.  I thought it was a .dll problem so i loaded it onto the remote box and ran it as local host.  When i did this the unzip worked fine but when i tried to access it from the dev box to the remote box again the application failed only when i tried to upload a zip and unzip it.  I have tested and I can load singles just fine. Any ideas. anyone every heard of this?
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2008 at 4:14 PM
Sorry, tedge, I totally do not understand what you are saying.
I can help you with issues or questions with the DotNetZip library or the tools that use it.

I can't really help with "accessing things remotely" - I don't even know what you mean.  Could be an ASP.NET page, could be a terminal session, could be a powershell, could be something else.  No idea.

"I have tested and can load singles just fine." ??

No idea what that means.
Dec 12, 2008 at 4:26 PM
Hi let me try to be clearer.
I only use the unzip portion of this library. Somewhere in the library when I get ready to unzip a file it sends the credentials of the machine to sql server. Now my app has already logged in as a .net user but only when i want to unzip does it resend credentials of the machine its on. Is this part of the unzip when it extracts the files? I don't know but I wanted to ask so I can eliminate some possibilities.
Thanks for your help and your reply
Toni
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2008 at 4:33 PM
Edited Dec 18, 2008 at 4:37 PM
"Somewhere in the library when I get ready to unzip a file it sends the credentials of the machine to sql server. "

Hmm, I don't think you are talking about the DotNetZip library, are you?  There is no case in the DotNetZIp library where the library code sends credentials anywhere.  SQL  Server is not part of this library.  Any portion of your code that uses SQL Server is sort of outside my realm of interest.

If you are having a problem with the library, I suggest you factor it down and remove all other variables, for R&D purposes.  For example, remove the part that fiddles with SQL Server.  Just distill it down to the part that uses DotNetZip.

When you say, you only use "the unzip portion of the library"... what does that mean, exactly?  Are you writing code?  Which APIs?     if not code, then what?   What do you mean by "the unzip portion" ?

I'm not trying to be difficult.  But I totally don't get it.  Normally I get a question like, "here is the code I am using  <blah blah blah> .. and this is the result I get:   <xyz>  and this is the result I expected:  <abc>.  Can you explain this?" 

But I haven't been able to figure out what you are doing, what you are trying to accomplish, what you expect to see, and what you are actually seeing.