Continued development of DotNetZip

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Hello!

I was just curious if DotNetZip is stil being maintained/supported/worked on etc etc. I noticed the latest release was from about a year ago.

Is this because there is nothing to improve? All bug free and all satisfied with the end product?

I ask because I'm in the process of implementing this library in to a project I'm working on for work.

Regards,

Jamie

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Jamie,

The creator/coordinator (cheeso) updated the documentation as recently as September 15, 2012 so I would say the project has not been abandoned.

Jacob

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:28 PM
It does seem correct that the project hasn't been abandoned, but management is in a critical state right now. If there have been updates, even if they are not critical, a new stable release should be pushed.

Things are worse on the NuGet side. There are no indications that "control" has passed to any other individuals, yet a separate fork of the project on GitHub is being used as the latest release version (1.9.2) for NuGet. This is problematic for several reasons, not the least of which is that DotNetZip.semverd 1.9.2 is unsigned since the snk for the project is not shared. It would be a shame to see such a stable and useful piece of OSS drift into obscurity because of mismanagement.

How do we get this back on track?

-Marc