Invalid DotNetZipLib-DevKit-v1.6.zip?

Oct 16, 2008 at 6:19 PM
Hey Cheeso,$0$0$0$0 I was looking for a decent .NET zip library and stumbled upon yours fairly easily.  From what I can tell, your library looks perfect for my needs.  However, I'm having some issues with the DevKit zip.  I've tried 3 different browsers and 2 different zip file openers (WinZip Pro 11 and WinXP Compressed Folders) and I keep getting a "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive" error.  The specific error when extracting is this:$0$0$0$0$0$0$0"End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not a Zip file, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part Zip file."$0$0$0$0$0I can open your source files zip just fine.  Do you know what my issue might be?  Do you have an MD5 hash that I can run against my downloaded zip?$0$0$0$0$0Thanks, and I look forward to giving your library a spin!$0$0-Brandon$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2008 at 6:31 PM
how's that for ironic?
the zip file that contains the Zip library is invalid.

And embarassing, too.
I looked on my machine and the Devkit zip is busted.
You can get started by getting the runtime ZIP and the CHM file.

In the meantime I will fix the devkit zip.

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2008 at 12:01 AM
OK, not only was the devkit zip broken, it was broken because of a bug in DotNetZip .
(I use DotNetZip to produce the zips of DotNetZip).

The big is fixed in change set 25344.

Also, I updated the v1.6 binaries to include the patched library, and also the devkit zip is now readable.
thanks for reporting this.
Oct 17, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Thanks for the quick turnaround!  I had a feeling you "ate your own dog food," so I'm glad my issue helped make your library a little bit better!