Is there a way to open a sfx file created by dotnetzip and get the PostExtractCommandLine

May 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I've been going thru the reference document and haven't seen a way to open a .sfx in such a way that I can get the SelfExtractorSaveOptions object.

It would be a very helpful feature... if there's a way (maybe I'm missing it in the documentation) I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance,

May 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

What are you *really* trying to do?

Can you describe the scenario?

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I'm sorry for the late reply.

We <had> a requirement to start evaluating our self-extracting zips using the same logic that we use for the regular zip files that we make.  In our zip files we add a manifest file that specifies the post-extract command that needs to be run.  In our self-extracting zips we exclude the manifest so we don't have it to use to get the post-extract command. 

I was looking for a way to get the information from the self-extracting archive itself. 

So to summarize the scenario that we had at the time.  It was to:

1.  Load a self-extracting zip from a program we create

2.  Get the details that were used to build the zip.  Most importantly get the post-extract command.

3.  Run the post-extract command from another program

Thanks for your reply,

PS.  We use your API alot and appreciate the good work.  Keep at it and we look forward to future versions.