Unable to open the Compiled Help Module (CHM)

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:49 PM
I've only recently discovered this project and may be able to make use of this library, but I'm unable to use the distributed CHM for 1.5.  When I open it, I am unable to see the content pages (contents and index work fine).  I've tried this on two completely different workstations with the same results.  Does the CHM rely on external content pages that require it be placed in a specific location to work?
Jun 26, 2008 at 5:56 AM
When you tried to see any content page, did you receive a "Navigation cancelled" message? A file downloaded from Internet with Microsoft Internet Explorer to a NTFS volume is usually labeled as "untrusted" or potentially harmful. If a ZIP archive was downloaded under these conditions and its contents were extracted with the built-in ZIP decompression engine (Compressed Folders), the extracted files would be treated as coming from an untrusted source too. You'll need to open the CHM file properties (in Windows Explorer, right-click, then Properties) and then click the 'Unblock' button.

Also, if the CHM file is located on a path which contains a 'hash' character (#), similar symptoms may be observed.

Hope that helps.
Jun 26, 2008 at 1:07 PM
Yep, that was it.  Thanks very much for your help!