Problem using with OpenFire (XMPP)

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I am working on an XMPP (www.xmpp.org) library that supports data compression.  I am specifically using Zlib compression.  However, when I use the Zlibstream to compress the byte array and send it to the XMPP server (OpenFire) I get nothing back.  I checked the log of the server and I see this:

java.io.IOException: Unknown error. Error code : 1
at org.apache.mina.filter.support.Zlib.inflate(Zlib.java:136)
at org.apache.mina.filter.CompressionFilter.messageReceived(CompressionFilter.java:159)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java:239)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(ExecutorFilter.java:283)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)

That seems to tell me that the data can't be inflated and I am not sure why not.  As I mentioned, I have a byte array that I am compressing.  The byte array was a string that I converted using GetBytes.  The data I am sending must be a byte array, which it is.  I initially created this as an issue but it might be more appropriate here.