Who owns the NuGet package for DotNetZip?

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:56 AM
The discussion title says it all: Who owns the NuGet package for DotNetZip? If it's not the project owner, why not? There appear to be some differences between the assembly downloaded through NuGet and the assembly made available through the direct download here on the CodePlex project page. Specifically, the assembly names are different, in that one has a public key token set as part of its strong name, and the other has a null public key token. As someone who doesn't particularly use or care for NuGet, but creates a library dependent on DotNetZip whose users insist on having a NuGet package, this is causing me a high level of frustration.
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I don't know who put together the NuGet package for DotNetZip.  It wasn't me.

Last week I looked into providing one, but I didn't do it.

It looked too complicated to me.  I wanted a simple recipe for how to do it, and I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to go about it.  I never did figure it out, so I threw up my hands and stopped. 

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I certainly feel hour pain on that one, having gone through a similar process with Selenium. I'm happy to walk you through it, if you'd like; feel free to contact me privately. I think most NuGet users (of which I am emphatically not one) would rather see an "official" package from the project owner than using one produced by an unofficial source. In the meantime, the creators of the existing package, whoever they are, seem to have corrected the issue with theirl package.