SFX extracts stored path.

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Greetings Cheeso...

Awesome tool.  I need to be able to have an SFX that will not extract the stored paths.

Can you tell me if there is a feature already added?

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:44 PM

What if you were to not STORE the paths in the SFX to begin with?  If you constructed the  SFX this way, then you wouldn't need to "not extract" the paths, because there would be no paths to extract.  Ya follow?

If you really are asking to allow the SFX to extract entries with conditionally set paths, my first inclination is to decline to add this feature to the SFX.  The reason is simplicity: I would like to keep the SFX interface as simple as possible, and I think adding a checkbox into the SFX UI  "flatten on extract" checkbox will require some explanation in the UI.   I also don't think modifying the paths in the SFX extraction is an 80% scenario - I think most people won't want or need this feature.

Interested to hear what you think of that.

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Also, thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you like the library.

Aug 6, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I would really prefer that the path option would be to not store on creation.  I don't want an option to ignore path on extraction, I really agree that an option to ignore on extract would not be used.

Thanks for all your efforts by the way.

Aug 6, 2011 at 7:09 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2011 at 7:11 PM

> I would really prefer that the path option would be to not store on creation

When I asked "What if...?" ... what I meant to imply was, why don't you just create the SFX differently?  Not storing the path during creation of the SFX is an option that is already available to you.  You need to modify the code you used to create the SFX, to call ZipFile.AddFile() appropriately. Check the documentation for the overload of that method that takes 2 arguments.