No intellisense?

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2011 at 11:03 PM

How do you get the intellisense to work?

I have downloaded the sdk, extracted the v1.9 reduced version, added the dll as a reference in my project, added an imports statement for Ionic, but only the top level namespaces ({}zip & {}zlib) are available, what am I doing wrong?

Using VB 2005

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:37 PM
Please type in the following URL It will take you to a previous discussion and solution for this issue.

Randy

************************ N O T I C E ************************
First Bank will never send an e-mail asking you to provide, verify, update or confirm
any personal, account or financial information.

The information contained in this e-mail, and in any accompanying documents, may
constitute confidential and/or legally privileged information. The information is
intended only for use by the designated recipient. If you are not the intended recipient
(or responsible for the delivery of the message to the intended recipient), you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail communication in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the message from your system. All e-mail sent to and from this address
will be received or otherwise recorded by the First Banks corporate e-mail system
and is subject to archival, monitoring or review by, and/or disclosure to, someone other
than the recipient.
Feb 16, 2011 at 2:40 PM

The URL didn't copy correctly,  here is the URL to reference: http://dotnetzip.codeplex.com/discussions/76739 .

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Actually the Classes, Properties, methods etc are there, but I have to precede them with the root namespace i.e. " zip." so the examples  such as

"Using zip as ZipFile = New Zipfile"

would not work, I have to add the zip namespace like this:

"Using zip As Zip.ZipFile = New Zip.ZipFile"

Can someone explain why?

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Do you have an Import statement for the Ionic library at the top of your .vb file? 

if so, what does it say?  Does it say "Imports Ionic.Zip"  ?  If it says "Imports Ionic" then that may be an explanation for why the classes are not available without preceding with Zip.  To fix, add the .Zip to the imports statement.

Just an idea. I don't have VB2005 and cannot test myself.

Feb 16, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Well that was easy :-)

Just had to add the .zip to the import statement