NullRereferenceException when extracting

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Edited Oct 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Hey Cheeso, I am getting a NullReferenceException when extracting.  Here's the stackTrace

at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(String baseDir, Stream outstream, String password) in C:\DotNetZip\v1.9.1.5\DotNetZip\Zip Partial DLL\ZipEntry.Extract.cs:line 602
   at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.Extract(Stream stream) in C:\DotNetZip\v1.9.1.5\DotNetZip\Zip Partial DLL\ZipEntry.Extract.cs:line 112
   at MyConsole.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\NetTiers\SourceAnywhere\NoMoreConsole\Program.cs:line 34
   at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
   at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

And here's my code. 

class Program
{
  static void Main(string[] args)
  {
    Item1 item = DataRepository.Provider.Item1Provider.Get(new Item1Key(33170));
    FileInfo1 fileInfo = DataRepository.Provider.FileInfo1Provider.Get(new FileInfo1Key(item.BiFlInfoId));//Vss.GetFileBytes(47013);

using (FileStream fileStream = File.Create(item.StrItnme))
    {
      byte[] fileBytes = fileInfo.ImEfldat;
      byte[] fileBytes2 = fileInfo.ImFldat;

MemoryStream memStream = new MemoryStream();
      memStream.Write(fileBytes, 0, fileBytes.Length);
      memStream.Write(fileBytes2, 0, fileBytes2.Length);
      memStream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);

ZipInputStream zipInStream = new ZipInputStream(memStream);

ZipEntry zipEntry = zipInStream.GetNextEntry();
      zipEntry.Extract(fileStream);
    }
  }
}

Am I doing anything really dumb and obvious to you?  I am trying to take those bytes which contain compressed data, get the first file contained in the compressed bytes and then write the decompressed file to the fileStream.

It appears that

_container.ZipFile.Reset();

is failing in ZipEntry.Extract.cs

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Seems like a bug!

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2010 at 11:04 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Mar 9, 2011 at 10:44 PM

I added to the work item another code example and what I found on the issue after stepping through the source code.  I hope my addition helps push a fix out for the work item soon.