Strange results when zipping files with ´ in the filename

Jul 17, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Hi, I just recently started using DotNetZip in a small backup utility I'm currently writing. It's a very simple application that takes a bunch of folders and compresses all the files in the folders and creates a zip file for each folder. This works fine most of the time but I do run into problem with the following scenario:

ZipFile newZip = new ZipFile("test.zip",Encoding.Default);
newZip.UseUnicodeAsNecessary = true;
newZip.UseZip64WhenSaving = Zip64Option.Always;
newZip.AddDirectory(@"e:\mp3");
newZip.Save();

The folder e:\mp3 contains several subfolders and each subfolder several files. Everything works fine until a file with a ´ in it's name is added to the archive. Adding the following files to the archive will produce this result:

When adding the files, "e:\mp3\Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck\Go, Went, Gone\Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck - 01 - Cat Eye Song.mp3",
                                  "e:\mp3\Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck\Go, Went, Gone\Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck - 02 - Poor Young Man´s Heart.mp3",
                                  "e:\mp3\Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck\Go, Went, Gone\Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck - 03 - Yeah, Oh That´s Nice.mp3",
                                  "e:\mp3\Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck\Go, Went, Gone\Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck - 04 - Hangover Dream.mp3",
this will produce a zip archive looking like this:

test.zip
  |
  ----mp3
         |
         ----Kristofer +àstr+Âm & Hidden Truck
         |                        |
         |                        ----Go, Went, Gone
         |                                       |
         |                                       ----Kristofer +àstr+Âm & Hidden Truck - 02 - Poor Young Man-¦s Heart.mp3
         |                                       |
         |                                       ----Kristofer +àstr+Âm & Hidden Truck - 03 - Yeah, Oh That-¦s Nice.mp3
         |
         |
         ----Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck
                                     |
                                     ----Go, Went, Gone
                                                    |
                                                    ----Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck - 01 - Cat Eye Song.mp3
                                                    |
                                                    ----Kristofer Åström & Hidden Truck - 04 - Hangover Dream.mp3

Am I missing something in my implementation or is this a bug? Removing the files with the ´ will produce a correct archive.