unhandled exception ('System.IO.FileNotFoundException') occured in DotNetZip-WinformsTool.exe

May 14, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Consider me as a newbie. After downloading the DotNetZipUtils-v1.9.msi and successfully installed on our server running on Windows 2003 there was an error "unhandled exception ('System.IO.FileNotFoundException') occured in DotNetZip-WinformsTool.exe" upon running the "DotNetZip-WinFormsTool.exe". I have already done the following below but still error persist. Can someone help me to resolve this issue.

1. Reinstall .NET Framework 2.0 SP2

2. Already given the right permission to "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder

May 14, 2010 at 1:59 PM

which file is missing? Is there a stacktrace?  if so, please share.

If not, I won't be able to diagnose it.

May 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Basically there is no file/s are missing. I have checked all the possible files being used but it was there. Upon waiting for the resolution from here. I made an update on my .NET Framework from 2.0 to 3.5 Sp1 and the utility works fine. Does this mean that the requirement is 3.5 SP1?

May 14, 2010 at 6:11 PM

It's possible; I'll have to look.

May 14, 2010 at 6:13 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.