ZipPackage

Oct 31, 2007 at 10:12 AM
Edited Oct 16, 2008 at 6:35 AM
Your library might be useful for .NET 2.x only applications, since 3.x provides ZipPackage class for handling zip files.

Best regards,
Paul.
Coordinator
Nov 1, 2007 at 2:17 AM
Hey Paul,

I'd say it is useful for .NET 2.0 or 3.0.
Here's a post that describes how to manipulate zip files using the ZipPackage class.
http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/archive/2007/10/25/creating-zip-archives-in-net-without-an-external-library-like-sharpziplib.aspx

it's a little complicated to use ZipPackage. This library is simpler.

but the choice is yours.
Nov 16, 2007 at 5:18 PM

SelormeyPaul wrote:
You library might be useful for .NET 2.x only applications, since 3.x provides ZipPackage class for handling zip files.

Best regards,
Paul.

Using the ZipPackage class does not create "standard" zip files. They contain an additional manifest and if the "zip" doesn't contain this, the ZipPackage class won't open it. To me the ZipPackage class is useless this way, other than creating MS-Zip files only.

Microsoft needs to expose the internal MS.Internal.IO.Zip class(es) for people to create standard zip files so this library (or SharpZipLib) is the way to go.
Oct 16, 2008 at 6:47 AM
Hello Cheeso,
It is getting to a year since I posted here. I  have come back to say, thank you for this nice library.

Best regards,
Paul.
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2008 at 5:08 PM
Glad you like it!
Oct 17, 2008 at 4:00 AM
I second that - your zip library is great. The one from MS is way more complicated than it needs to be.